- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 162
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Inference? - How to Infer Intended Meaning
Course SummaryOur 10th Grade English homeschool curriculum course gives you all the resources needed to teach your homeschooler English. These engaging video and text lessons make learning fun for your student, and the self-assessment quizzes help you set the pace so you know your 10th grader understands the topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make literature and composition topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to 10th grade English, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert English instructors any question about writing, literature, or other 10th grade English topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary 10th grade English homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
10th Grade English Learning Objectives:
- Develop skills like breaking down text and making connections between literature and art.
- Interpret the thesis, narrative, and covert meanings in media.
- Learn the differences between literary forms and genres.
- Explore Shakespeare's life and works.
- Understand how playwrights relate their message.
- Study the contributions of African American authors, such as Zora Neale Hurston and Claude McKay.
- Analyze themes in American prose.
- Learn about British fiction authors like George Eliot and Sir Walter Scott.
- Learn about literary criticism.
- Explore ancient literary works, such as The Iliad, The Argonautica, and The Bible.
- Learn to write a thesis statement, a full essay, and a bibliography.
- Study ways to use punctuation marks correctly.
- Go through the rules for proper grammar.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- 10th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 10th Grade Teacher: Job Description & Requirements
- 10th Grade School Teacher Degree and Certificate Programs
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Do I Need a Bachelor's Degree to Teach English Abroad?
- Do You Need a Bachelor's Degree to Teach English Abroad?
- How to Teach English As a Second Language
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses