- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 271
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIncrease your knowledge of genetics, mitosis, cellular structure and other topics you may find on the Advanced Placement (AP) Biology Exam with this course. Use the lessons and quizzes in this AP Biology test preparation guide to prepare for the exam and get the best score you can.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This AP Biology Course
Prepare for the AP Biology Exam with this comprehensive online biology course. You'll boost your science vocabulary and learn about basic biological concepts, such as plant and animal reproduction and growth, through this series of short videos, which have been developed by our team of knowledgeable professional educators. This course also explores various systems of the human body, including the circulatory, digestive, nervous and skeletal systems, and introduces concepts of genetics and heredity. Once you've completed a lesson, you can take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to see how well you've absorbed the information. You can access the course online any time that fits your schedule, and our subject-matter experts are happy to answer any questions you may have about the material.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
AP Biology Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AP Biology exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the College Board. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Identifying key elements of organic and inorganic chemistry
- Evaluating the foundations of enzymatic biochemistry
- Explaining how enzymes enact various biological processes
Cell Biology and Cellular Division
- Identifying the parts and structures of cells
- Outlining the process of cell division
DNA, RNA and the Basics of Heredity
- Determining how DNA performs its job inside our cells
- Summarizing DNA replication, transcription and translation processes
- Identifying the differences between DNA, RNA and the subtypes of RNA
- Understanding the role of chromosomes and alleles in heredity patterns
- Identifying the parts and structure of plants
- Understanding plant reproduction
- Diagramming the life cycle of plants
Animal Biology and Biological Systems
- Explaining the functions of the human digestive, respiratory, muscular, nervous, immune, skeletal, endocrine and excretory systems
- Assessing the animal reproduction process from fertilization to fetal development
Classifications of Organisms and and Overview of Evolution
- Exploring the origin of life on Earth
- Identifying the groups of animals on the planet and determine how each group evolved
- Discussing the mechanisms of evolution
- Examining basic molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Analyzing and interpreting scientific data
- Conducting biological experiments on topics like mitosis, cellular respiration and genetics
AP Biology Course Format
This course contains 27 chapters and 241 biology lessons. The lessons are designed to be short, entertaining and easy-to-understand. When you finish each lesson, you can take a multiple-choice quiz that will help you remember key concepts and biology terms. The course also offers chapter exams and a final assessment.
AP Biology Exam Information
- Approximate Number of Questions: 77
- Question Types: Multiple-choice, grid-in and free-response
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
Advanced Placement (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- AP Test Preparation & Resources
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Prepare for AP Classes
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How to Balance AP Test Prep With Your Other Schoolwork
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses