- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 186
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Overview of Literary Periods and Movements: A Historical Crash Course
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBuild your confidence for the AP English Literature exam by reviewing the materials in this course. If you want to gain a higher score on the exam, these short lessons and quizzes offer a flexible and convenient method of self-paced study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This AP English Literature Study Guide
This course can teach you to analyze and interpret literature as you prepare for the AP English Literature and Composition exam. Boost your literary vocabulary and essay writing skills and learn about various styles of poetry through our short but engaging video lessons, which were developed by experienced professional educators. Lessons also focus on prominent works of literature, including Frankenstein, Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby and Beowulf. To see how well you've absorbed each lesson, you can take the accompanying multiple-choice quiz.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
AP English Literature Course information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AP English Literature Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the College Board. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Outlining the literary periods and movement of American literature
- Exploring structure, meaning and interpretation
- Utilizing reading strategies
- Identifying the different types of poetry
- Analyzing the elements of poetry
- Understanding figurative language
Writing and Grammar
- Using proper English grammar
- Defining rhetorical devices
- Differentiating between different kinds of essays
- Writing and structuring an essay
AP English Literature Course Format
You'll find 167 lessons in 18 chapters included in this professionally designed test prep course. If you're unsure whether you're ready for test day, answer the multiple-choice questions on the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to bulk up any areas in which you need to study further.
AP English Literature Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 58
- Question Type: 55 multiple-choice questions and three free-response questions
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
AP English Literature Exam Preparation & Registration
If you are enrolled in an AP course, your school will arrange your testing time and location and collect any fees required. If you are homeschooled or your school does not offer AP courses, College Board can assist you in scheduling your exam at a participating school.
This AP English Literature exam study guide course can accessed online as you get ready to take the test. You'll be prepared to answer the multiple-choice questions and craft high-scoring responses to the essay questions after studying these lessons on poetry, prose, essay writing and more. Although it isn't necessary to take the AP English Literature class before taking this test, it may help you earn a higher score and more college credit.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AP English Literature Exam, check out our AP English Literature Informational Resources.
The Advanced Placement Exam (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Compass Exams
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Measured Progress Exams
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses