- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 157
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Effective Teaching: Strategies & Methods
This course can be found in: CNE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, an in-depth CNE study guide, and 100+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your ability to pass the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Examination by reviewing the short lessons in this study guide. Test your knowledge of topics you need to know for the exam by answering practice questions from our lesson quizzes, chapter exams and course assessment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This Certified Nurse Educator Examination study guide provides an in-depth look at the topics you could see on the day of the exam. Developed by teachers for teachers, the entertaining video and text lessons in this course boost your confidence by refreshing your knowledge of important exam concepts. Get reacquainted with clinical teaching strategies, classroom technology, assessment development, goal setting and much more. When finished, you will be armed with the knowledge to address the following on the exam:
- Classroom and clinical teaching strategies
- Learning styles, methods of delivery, classroom technology and CNE communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and positive learning environments for nurses
- Diversity in nursing student learning and goal setting in nursing programs
- Learning domains and assessments, assessment development and assessment strategies
- How to summarize and analyze educational assessments, and grade and report student progress
- Process of developing curriculum in nursing programs
- Professional development for Certified Nurse Educators
- Leadership and scholarship roles of CNEs
- Role CNEs play in the academic community
- Nursing program standards for admission, progression and graduation
About the Exam
The National League for Nursing (NLN) Academic Nurse Educator Certification Program (ANECP) developed the Certified Nurse Educator Examination as a voluntary certification option for academic nurse educators. The goal of the certification program is to promote excellence in the role of the academic nurse educator. The 3-hour computer-based exam consists of 150 multiple-choice items (only 130 items count toward the score) and is broken into six categories with the last category consisting of three subcategories.
The exam is available on a first come, first-served basis, Monday through Saturday, at one of 180 AMP Assessment Centers across the United States. In order to become certified, candidates must receive a score report indicating they passed. Score reports are shared prior to leaving the testing center. Candidates typically receive a certificate eight weeks after passing the exam.
Preparing & Registering for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Examination
This course provides a variety of resources you can use to prepare for the Certified Nurse Educator Exam. Lessons enable you to dig into concepts like effective teaching, role modeling, blended learning, course management, critical thinking, CRT, professional socialization, Bloom's Taxonomy and evidence-based instruction. The quizzes, chapter exams and course exam in this study guide allow you to assess your readiness for exam day with multiple-choice questions formatted similarly to those on the test. Mobile features enable you to utilize these resources using any computer, smartphone or tablet that can access the Internet.
Apply online to take the exam by visiting the National League for Nursing website. Educators must meet eligibility requirements to take the exam, including providing documentation of licensure and having a master's or doctoral degree in nursing. Once deemed eligible, candidates are required to confirm a date and location for testing. On the day of the exam, candidates should bring two forms of ID, one showing a current photograph. Individuals who arrive more than 15 minutes late will not be admitted. Rescheduling is allowed at least two business days prior to the scheduled test date.
The Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Examination is a registered trademark of the National League for Nursing, which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Certified Emergency Nurse Course Overviews
- Certified Nurses Aide Course Descriptions
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Quality Systems Manager Job Responsibilities Requirements and Career Info
- Copy Machine Technician Job Duties and Information About Becoming a Copier Technician
- Paramedic School California
- Automotive Engine Technician Salary and Career Information
- Minister: Educational Requirements and Career Profile
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses