- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 123
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Credit: Yes
Earn transferable credit by taking this course for credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Educational Psychology: Applying Psychology in the Classroom
Course SummaryPsychology 102: Educational Psychology has been evaluated and recommended for 3 semester hours and may be transferred to over 2,000 colleges and universities. Our expert instructors will help you fully understand the fundamentals of educational psychology. The course can also help you get a head start on your degree.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
The course objective of Psychology 102 is to apply basic psychology concepts to produce effective teaching strategies for the classroom, focusing on the core principles and theories of learning.
Your grade for this course will be calculated out of 300 points. The minimum score required to pass and earn real college credit for this course is 210 points, or an overall course grade of 70%. The table below shows the assignments you must complete and how they'll be incorporated into the overall grade.
|Proctored Final Exam||200|
Quizzes are meant to test your comprehension of each lesson as you progress through the course. Here's a breakdown of how you will be graded on quizzes and how they'll factor into your final score:
- You will have 3 attempts to take each quiz for a score.
- The highest score of your first 3 attempts will be recorded as your score for each quiz.
- When you've completed the course, the highest scores from your first 3 attempts at each quiz will be averaged together and weighed against the total possible points for quizzes. For instance, if your average quiz score is 85%, you'll receive 85 out of 100 possible points for quizzes.
- After your initial 3 attempts, you can take a quiz for practice as many times as you'd like.
- You will need to pass each quiz with a score of at least 80% to earn course progress for the lesson. However, it is not necessary to earn 80% within the first three quiz attempts.
Proctored Final Exam
The proctored final exam is a cumulative test designed to ensure that you've mastered the material in the course.
- You'll earn points equivalent to the percentage grade you receive on your proctored final. (So if you earn 90% on the final, that's 180 points toward your final grade.)
- If you're unsatisfied with your score on the exam, you'll be eligible to retake the exam after a 3-day waiting period.
- You can only retake the exam twice, so be sure to use your study guide and fully prepare yourself before you take the exam again.
Items Allowed on www.heiqigong.com Proctored Exam for Psychology 102:
- One sheet of blank scratch paper
- Pen or pencil
Items NOT Allowed on www.heiqigong.com Proctored Exam for Psychology 102:
- Office programs, web browsers, or any programs other than Software Secure (including www.heiqigong.com lessons)
- Textbooks (digital or physical)
- Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, TVs, or radios
- Notebooks or notes
- Any calculators
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Diagram the process of information processing
- Model strategies for advancing creativity and problem solving in a learning environment
- Diagram and assess the different stages of child and adolescent development
- Outline the zone of proximal development
- Diagram and explain Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- Compare and contrast methods of measuring intelligence
- Illustrate the impact and outline the types of learning disabilities in children
- Compare and contrast the different types of assessments used in learning, including advantages, disadvantages, and reliability
- Identify and differentiate between different instructional strategies and classroom management techniques
- Analyze and describe Bloom's taxonomy
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Psychology 102 consists of short video lessons that are organized into topical chapters. Each video is approximately 5-10 minutes in length and comes with a quick quiz to help you measure your learning. The course is completely self-paced. Watch lessons on your schedule whenever and wherever you want.
At the end of each chapter, you can complete a chapter test to see if you're ready to move on or have some material to review. Once you've completed the entire course, take the practice test and use the study tools in the course to prepare for the proctored final exam. You may take the proctored final exam whenever you are ready.
How Credit Recommendations Work
This course has been evaluated and recommended by both ACE and NCCRS for 3 semester hours in the lower division baccalaureate degree category. To apply for transfer credit, follow these steps:
- If you already have a school in mind, check with the registrar to see if the school will grant credit for courses recommended by either ACE or NCCRS.
- Complete Psychology 102 by watching video lessons and taking short quizzes.
- Take the Psychology 102 final exam directly on the www.heiqigong.com site.
- Request a transcript to be sent to the accredited school of your choice!
- Check out this page for more information on www.heiqigong.com's credit-recommended courses.
|History and Educational Aims||Examine the ways psychology is used in education, and look at the basic psychological perspectives. Learn classroom strategies, and review the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.|
|Developmental Psychology in Children and Adolescents||Look at stages of child and adolescent development. Explore Piaget's theory, Lev Vygotsky's theory, Erikson's stages of identity formation, Gilligan's theory and Kohlberg's stages of moral development.|
|Motivation in Learning||Define the social-cognitive learning theory, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, and Albert Bandura's social-cognitive theories. Study the attribution theory, expectancy value theory, goal orientation theory and the self-determination theory, and get information on identifying teacher expectations and learned helplessness in children.|
|Assessments of Learning||Learn about the forms of assessment, formative and summative evaluations, performance assessments and reliability of assessments. Explore the pros and cons of assessments, testing bias and assessments in special education.|
|Cognitive Perspective in Psychology||Examine how memory works and the difference between long-term and short-term memory. Learn how to boost creativity in a learning environment and utilize problem-solving strategies.|
|Behavioral Perspective in Psychology||Define classical and operant conditioning and look at Watson's experiments with Little Albert. Explore reinforcement schedules and the Premack Principle.|
|Research Design and Analysis||Study types of research and experimental design and assessing the validity and reliability of research. Discuss research ethics.|
|Instructional Pedagogy||Examine several types of instructional strategies, Bloom's taxonomy and assessments, and cooperative learning in the classroom. Look at classroom management strategies, and how to use classroom wait time.|
|Individual Differences in Children||Discuss the two types of intelligence and ways to measure intelligence. Look at the impact of parenting styles. Get information on Individual Education Plans and learning disabilities in children.|
Learn more about the College Accelerator Plan
Confirm College Accelerator Upgrade?
- Unlimited access to all video lessons
- Lesson Transcripts
- Tech support
- Practice quizzes & tests
- Tools for tracking progress
- Personalized coaching
- Access to instructors
- Certificates of Completion
- Create Custom Courses
- Earn college credit
- Take two exams per month
- Finish official exams remotely
- Learn more
By upgrading now, you will immediately have access to all features associated with your new plan. Because the change is in the middle of your billing cycle, your next charge will include the prorated amount for the rest of this month. For more info check our FAQ's.
What to Expect For the Exam
This www.heiqigong.com course has been evaluated and recommended for college credit. Once you've completed this course, you can take the proctored final exam and potentially earn credit. Follow the steps below to take the exam.
Before taking the exam, all of the following requirements must be met:
|A College Accelerator www.heiqigong.com membership.|
|Completed all lessons in Psychology 102: Educational Psychology course and achieved 100% Quiz Progress.|
|Not attempted to take this exam within the last three days.|
|Have available proctored exams in this month of membership.|
|Have not taken this exam three times. (0/3)|
|Complete the exam readiness quiz.|
Please meet all of the pre-requirements in the Pre-Exam Checklist in order to take the exam.
Exam Process Details
1. Register For Exam
Registering for the exam is simple. First, be sure you meet the system requirements. Next, you'll need to agree to the academic integrity policy. Then just confirm your name and the exam name, and you're ready to go!
2. Download Software Secure
You'll receive an unique access code. Please write this down — you'll need it to take the exam. Then download Software Secure and follow the installation instructions.
3. Take Exam
The exam contains 50 - 100 multiple choice questions. You will have two hours to complete the exam, so don't start until you're sure you can complete the entire thing. And remember to pace yourself!
4. Get Exam Results
We will send you an email with your official exam results within 1 to 2 weeks. If you would like to raise your grade after receiving your exam results, you can retake quizzes with fewer than 3 attempts. You will then need to retake the final exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Educational Psychology?
- Master Degree in Educational Psychology: Program Overview
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Psychology: Program Overview
- Masters Degree in Educational Psychology: Program Overviews
- Educational Psychology
- Top Educational Psychology Graduate Programs
- Master's in Educational Psychology: Jobs & Salary
- Educational Psychology Distance Learning Degree Program Summaries
- Psychology Colleges in Texas with Degree and Course Descriptions
- Psychology Courses in Arkansas with College Degree Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses
Request more information
Get in contact with one of our transfer advisors to learn how to earn transferable college credit for Psychology 102: Educational Psychology.