- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 139
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Developmental Skills for Children: Milestones, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: FTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ FTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 exam with this comprehensive test preparation course. The course's short lessons and quizzes help you build a quality understanding of the instructional and exceptional student concepts you'll need to know for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
16 chapters in FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 (061): Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related FTCE Courses
About this Course
Teachers who aim to earn the educator certification needed to teach exceptional students in Florida take the FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 exam, in addition to other requirements. Use this entertaining course to get fully prepared for the exam by exploring expertly-taught lessons that cover human growth and development, the components of language, strategies for teaching math in special education and more. Practice quizzes and exams make it easy to check your comprehension of lesson topics while helping you get comfortable with the types of questions you'll be asked on the exam.
Check out our FTCE Preparation resources! We've got FTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive FTCE study guides to help you study, FTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and FTCE informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
The following objectives closely align with FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 exam topics. Feel confident that you have a quality understanding of the characteristics of exceptional students and ways to support students with communication disorders. Also, ensure you're ready to do the following:
- Describe human development at various ages and the impact of disabilities and developmental abnormalities
- List and discuss legal issues that can arise in the education of exceptional students in Florida
- Identify and describe different special education services and plans
- Define transition planning and share ways to teach life skills to students
- Outline strategies for assessing and evaluating exceptional students in Florida
- Detail various instructional practices designed for exceptional student education
- Provide descriptions of functional behavior assessment, behavior intervention plans and positive behavior support
- Exhibit knowledge of different communication and collaborative approaches in special education
- List and discuss the components of language
- Share strategies for teaching reading proficiency and literacy in Florida
- Outline methods for teaching writing and math to students with special needs
- Explain how to teach students critical thinking, executive functioning and metacognition skills
This course consists of 124 lessons that have been divided into 15 chapters. Access these lessons at your convenience using any computer, smartphone or tablet to begin building your knowledge of key concepts covered on the exam. Multiple-choice lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam are all available to find out how much you understand about topics explored in this course. If you have questions about specific lesson topics, feel free to submit them to our subject-matter experts via the Dashboard.
FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 Exam Information
The FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 exam is a requirement for teacher certification in this curriculum field in the state of Florida.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $200 (first attempt); $220 (retake)
FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Knowledge of foundations of exceptional student education||24%||28-29 questions||36 lessons|
|Knowledge of assessment and evaluation||13%||15-16 questions||12 lessons|
|Knowledge of instructional practices in exceptional student education||21%||25-26 questions||28 lessons|
|Knowledge of the positive behavioral support process||12%||14-15 questions||5 lessons|
|Knowledge of multiple literacies and communication skills||22%||26-27 questions||38 lessons|
|Knowledge of the transition process||8%||9-10 questions||5 lessons|
FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 Exam Preparation & Registration
This course helps make your studying process simple and convenient. You can work through the course at your own pace, and your course dashboard allows you to navigate to specific chapter topics. Our lessons are designed to be short and engaging, and each lesson comes with a quiz to help you remember important instructional terms and concepts. You can revisit the lessons as many times as needed, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have about the material. Be sure to take the chapter exams and final course assessment to see how prepared you are for the FTCE exam.
You can register for the exam online through the official FTCE website. Exams are available by appointment throughout the year, and you'll pay an exam fee upon registration. Registration also requires you to agree by all FTCE testing rules and policies.
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- College Eligible Vs. College Ready: Students Identify Shortcomings in College Preparation
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- FTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- National EKG Certification Exam Information for Students
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses