- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 154
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Drawing Conclusions from a Reading Selection
Course SummaryUse this study guide to prepare for the Pre-Admission Examination for Registered Nursing (PAX RN). The course includes short lessons that review the math, science and verbal areas that you'll need to know for the test, as well as practice quizzes that emulate the types of questions you'll be asked.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Easy-to-follow video and text lessons offer you the opportunity to brush up on or learn new information about the basic concepts covered in the PAX RN exam. The majority of the chapters focus on science topics, such as anatomy and physiology, cell biology, physics, basic chemistry, functions of organisms, speed and momentum, chemical reactions and scientific reasoning. You can also review reading comprehension fundamentals, vocabulary, basic arithmetic and geometry.
About the PAX RN Exam
The PAX RN exam is used to determine the proficiency in basic academic subjects of nursing school applicants. The exam is used in schools throughout the U.S. It consists of 214 multiple-choice questions broken down into three sections: 54 questions in the math portion and 80 questions each in the verbal and science sections. You will have one hour to complete each section. A composite score of at least 100 and a verbal relative performance score of at least 50 are needed to pass this exam. If the exam is taken more than once, highest scores are considered for admissions purposes.
PAX RN Preparation & Registration
This course provides all of the tools you will need to fully prepare for the PAX RN exam. In addition to video and printable transcripts, each lesson contains a self-assessment quiz that allows you to gauge what you know and whether you need to further review material before moving on to other lessons. You can also contact instructors with any questions regarding the content of any lesson.
Registration for the PAX RN can be completed online by accessing the National League for Nursing website. Or, you can contact the organization by phone and an account will be set up for you. Payment is made during the registration process. Additional service fees may apply. Log-in information must be provided on the day of your exam.
The PAX RN exam was developed by the National League for Nursing, which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- The 6 Types of Students You'll Have in Your First Class
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Online RN Colleges: How to Choose a School for Registered Nursing
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- Registered Nurse (RN) Degree | A Complete Guide to RN Degrees and Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN) Careers | Types of RN Jobs and Alternative Careers for RNs
- Online Registered Nursing Degree Programs and Courses
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- How to Become a Registered Nurse (RN) Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses