- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 81
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Credit: Yes
Earn transferable credit by taking this course for credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Management Roles and Principles
Course SummaryBusiness 111: Principles of Supervision has been evaluated and recommended for 3 semester hours and may be transferred to over 2,000 colleges and universities. The course's bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes allow you to quickly review and remember essential supervision topics. Complete the course to apply for transfer credit.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
The course objective is to cover the roles, functions, strategies and leadership skills necessary for today's business managers.
Your grade for this course will be calculated out of 300 points. The minimum score required to pass and earn real college credit for this course is 210 points, or an overall course grade of 70%. The table below shows the assignments you must complete and how they'll be incorporated into the overall grade.
|Proctored Final Exam||200|
Quizzes are meant to test your comprehension of each lesson as you progress through the course. Here's a breakdown of how you will be graded on quizzes and how they'll factor into your final score:
- You will have 3 attempts to take each quiz for a score.
- The highest score of your first 3 attempts will be recorded as your score for each quiz.
- When you've completed the course, the highest scores from your first 3 attempts at each quiz will be averaged together and weighed against the total possible points for quizzes. For instance, if your average quiz score is 85%, you'll receive 85 out of 100 possible points for quizzes.
- After your initial 3 attempts, you can take a quiz for practice as many times as you'd like.
- You will need to pass each quiz with a score of at least 80% to earn course progress for the lesson. However, it is not necessary to earn 80% within the first three quiz attempts.
Proctored Final Exam
The proctored final exam is a cumulative test designed to ensure that you've mastered the material in the course.
- You'll earn points equivalent to the percentage grade you receive on your proctored final. (So if you earn 90% on the final, that's 180 points toward your final grade.)
- If you're unsatisfied with your score on the exam, you'll be eligible to retake the exam after a 3-day waiting period.
- You can only retake the exam twice, so be sure to use your study guide and fully prepare yourself before you take the exam again.
Items Allowed on www.heiqigong.com Proctored Exam for Business 111:
- Blank scratch paper
- Pen or pencil
Items NOT Allowed on www.heiqigong.com Proctored Exam for Business 111:
- Office programs, web browsers, or any programs other than Software Secure (including www.heiqigong.com lessons)
- Textbooks (digital or physical)
- Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, TVs, or radios
- Notebooks or notes
- Any calculators
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine the methods of employee intervention and when they're used
- Analyze the four functions of management, the seven steps of decision making, and the types of problem-solving methods in management and supervision
- Explain what constitutes sexual harassment and a hostile work environment, how global organizations should deal with discrimination, communication in the workplace, outsourcing, growth development and the benefits of diversity training
- Investigate why companies compare their goals to actual results; what they do when there are differences; and business standards, structures and hierarchies
- Illustrate the role of a leader in an organization, the difference between a leader and a manager, how leaders delegate while maintaining unity and the major theories on management and leadership
- Show how decisions are made regarding the amount of control, HR management, hiring and firing, motivation, compensation, bargaining and number of staff a supervisor should have
- Categorize what's necessary to manage a diverse workforce in a global marketplace and the functions of organizational culture
- Compare the types and processes of communication, and how to effectively communicate as a supervisor
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Business 111 consists of short video lessons that are organized into topical chapters. Each video is approximately 5-10 minutes in length and comes with a quick quiz to help you measure your learning. The course is completely self-paced. Watch lessons on your schedule whenever and wherever you want.
At the end of each chapter, you can complete a chapter test to see if you're ready to move on or have some material to review. Once you've completed the entire course, take the practice test and use the study tools in the course to prepare for the proctored final exam. You may take the proctored final exam whenever you are ready.
How Credit Recommendations Work
This course has been evaluated and recommended by both ACE and NCCRS for 3 semester hours in the lower division baccalaureate degree category. To apply for transfer credit, follow these steps:
- If you already have a school in mind, check with the registrar to see if the school will grant credit for courses recommended by either ACE or NCCRS.
- Complete Business 111 by watching video lessons and taking short quizzes.
- Take the Business 111 final exam directly on the www.heiqigong.com site.
- Request a transcript to be sent to the accredited school of your choice!
- Check out this page for more information on www.heiqigong.com's credit-recommended courses.
|Roles and Responsibilities of the Supervisor||Survey managerial and supervisory skills. Compare formal and personal types of leadership power. Explore business ethics topics, including compliance- and integrity-based ethical codes and the social responsibility of organizations.|
|Planning and Controls as Management Functions||Explore the different types of planning. Survey topics ranging from international business expansion models, total quality management, business department goals and management by exception.|
|Organizing as a Management Function||Study organizational charts and compare authority in centralized and decentralized organizations. Examine traditional and contemporary organizational designs.|
|Leadership in Management||Learn about leadership roles in an organization and explore the differences between managers and leaders. Examine Herzberg's two-factor theory, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Vroom's expectancy theory and the equity theory of motivation. Study such concepts as the span of control and unity of command.|
|Staffing and Labor Management in Organizations||Become aware of government agencies and employment laws relevant to human resources management. Survey employee orientation and training methods, performance appraisals, employee intervention, labor relations, conflict resolution and the consequences of job stress.|
|Managing Diversity and Global Organizations||Understand the skills necessary to manage in an international organization and study the functions of organizational culture. Examine workplace diversity issues, including affirmative action, workplace discrimination and diversity training.|
|Function of Management||Discover the four functions of management, the seven steps of decision making and various problem-solving methods used by supervisors.|
|Communication as a Supervisor||Learn the processes involved in communication. Study the differences between formal, informal, verbal and nonverbal communication.|
Learn more about the College Accelerator Plan
Confirm College Accelerator Upgrade?
- Unlimited access to all video lessons
- Lesson Transcripts
- Tech support
- Practice quizzes & tests
- Tools for tracking progress
- Personalized coaching
- Access to instructors
- Certificates of Completion
- Create Custom Courses
- Earn college credit
- Take two exams per month
- Finish official exams remotely
- Learn more
By upgrading now, you will immediately have access to all features associated with your new plan. Because the change is in the middle of your billing cycle, your next charge will include the prorated amount for the rest of this month. For more info check our FAQ's.
What to Expect For the Exam
This www.heiqigong.com course has been evaluated and recommended for college credit. Once you've completed this course, you can take the proctored final exam and potentially earn credit. Follow the steps below to take the exam.
Before taking the exam, all of the following requirements must be met:
|A College Accelerator www.heiqigong.com membership.|
|Completed all lessons in Business 111: Principles of Supervision course and achieved 100% Quiz Progress.|
|Not attempted to take this exam within the last three days.|
|Have available proctored exams in this month of membership.|
|Have not taken this exam three times. (0/3)|
|Complete the exam readiness quiz.|
Please meet all of the pre-requirements in the Pre-Exam Checklist in order to take the exam.
Exam Process Details
1. Register For Exam
Registering for the exam is simple. First, be sure you meet the system requirements. Next, you'll need to agree to the academic integrity policy. Then just confirm your name and the exam name, and you're ready to go!
2. Download Software Secure
You'll receive an unique access code. Please write this down — you'll need it to take the exam. Then download Software Secure and follow the installation instructions.
3. Take Exam
The exam contains 50 - 100 multiple choice questions. You will have two hours to complete the exam, so don't start until you're sure you can complete the entire thing. And remember to pace yourself!
4. Get Exam Results
We will send you an email with your official exam results within 1 to 2 weeks. If you would like to raise your grade after receiving your exam results, you can retake quizzes with fewer than 3 attempts. You will then need to retake the final exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can I Transfer Remedial Credits to My College?
- MBA Programs That Allow Transfer Credits
- Universities with Generous Credit Transfer Policies
- When Is the Best Time to Apply for a College Transfer?
- How Do I Find Out If My Community College Credits Will Transfer?
- A Guide to Transferring AP Credits to College
- Best Colleges for Military Credit Transfer
- How to Transfer From Community College to a Top University
- Is Transferring From Community College to a University Easy?
- Will My Community College Credit Transfer As Upper Level?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses
Request more information
Get in contact with one of our transfer advisors to learn how to earn transferable college credit for Business 111: Principles of Supervision.