- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 155
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1North American Exploration & Failed Colonies of France & England
Course SummaryUse the video lessons and self-assessment quizzes included in this study guide to prepare for the U.S. History and Government NY Regents Exam. These lessons provide a quick and easily accessible tool to review the material most likely to be covered on this exam so you can increase your chances of getting a high score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in NY Regents Exam - US History and Government: Test Prep & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Aspiring high school graduates in New York must pass a series of exams in English, math, science and global history in addition to the U.S. History and Government Exam. Candidates who pass all five of these tests will earn their Regents Diploma. Those who also successfully complete extra science, math and foreign language assessments can earn an advanced designation.
The U.S. History and Government Regents Exam evaluates your knowledge of such areas as New York history, geography, economics and civics, all of which are covered in this online study guide. Some of the lesson topics include:
- Colonial history
- The American Revolution
- Early U.S. government
- Jacksonian democracy
- Westward expansion
- The American Civil War and Reconstruction
- The Progressive Era
- The Great Depression and World War II
- The Cold War
The U.S. History and Government Regents Exam consists of three parts. Part I includes 50 multiple-choice questions, while part II requires you to answer an essay prompt. Part III is subdivided into one section asking you to respond to short-answer questions based on a series of historical documents and another section requiring you to write an essay.
U.S. History and Government Regents Exam Preparation
This study guide features short video lessons and corresponding transcripts that highlight important terminology and key concepts in a way that makes the material approachable. Both text and video formats allow you to take short, self-assessment quizzes either before or after reviewing the lesson content. You can use these materials to get an idea of what's covered on the test and familiarize yourself with how the multiple-choice questions are formatted.
U.S. History and Government Regents Exam Scoring
You'll be awarded one point for correct answers to multiple-choice questions in part I. Your responses to the essay questions in parts II and III will receive scores of 1-5, depending on the quantity and relevance of the supporting evidence you provide, your organization and the thoroughness of your response. Short-answer questions appearing in part III are awarded a maximum of one or two points, depending on the question.
Scores on each part of the exam will be totaled and converted into a 100-point scale. You'll need a 65 to pass and a 90 on this exam and other Regents tests to graduate with honors.
NY Regents is a registered trademark of New York State Education Department, which is not affiliated with www.heiqigong.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Flip Your Classroom with www.heiqigong.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- University of Cornell in Ithaca, NY Video Review
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Compass Exams
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses