About This Chapter
TExES Life Science: Plant Reproduction & Growth - Chapter Summary
This chapter will help you review the science behind plant reproduction and growth as you prepare for the TExES Life Science exam. Watch our professional instructors in a series of short lesson videos to improve your understanding of:
- Alternation of generations and plant life cycles
- Vegetative propagation and bulbs
- Phototropic, geotropic and thigmotropic plant growth
- Effects of daily and seasonal cycles on plants
- Roles of plant hormones
You can view the lessons of this chapter from your computer or mobile device. Once you finish each lesson you can take a quick practice quiz to make sure you understand the information that was covered.
1. A Review of Plant Life Cycles & Alternation of Generations
Plants have a unique system of passing on genetic information. In this lesson we are going to check out the alternation of generations used by plants to keep their gene pools strong.
2. Asexual Plant Reproduction: Vegetative Propagation and Bulbs
Not all plants make attractive flowers in order to reproduce. Some plants will not make seeds and pollen either. These plants have other ways to create new offspring. We will look at a few key methods of vegetative propagation.
3. Tropisms: Phototropic, Geotropic and Thigmotropic Plant Growth
Animals aren't the only things that can respond to the environment. While plants may seem inanimate at times, they, too, can respond to the environment in order to better survive.
4. How Daily & Seasonal Cycles Affect Plants
Plants live on a planet with days and seasons, and that affects their behavior. Learn about the daily and seasonal cycles of plants, and see how much you've learned with a quiz.
5. Plant Hormones: Chemical Control of Growth and Reproduction
We most often think of hormones as things that control our actions and development. However, even plants have these chemicals to help regulate growth and reproduction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? www.heiqigong.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Life Science 7-12 (238): Practice & Study Guide course
- TExES Life Science: Overview of the Field
- TExES Life Science: Scientific Inquiry
- TExES Life Science: Lab Equipment, Processes & Safety
- TExES Life Science: Scientific Systems & Models
- TExES Life Science: Matter & Atomic Structure
- TExES Life Science: Cell Biology
- TExES Life Science: Prokaryotic Cells
- TExES Life Science: Cell Communication
- TExES Life Science: Inorganic Chemistry
- TExES Life Science: Organic Compounds
- TExES Life Science: Nucleic Acids
- TExES Life Science: Enzymes
- TExES Life Science: Protists, Fungi & Viruses
- TExES Life Science: Metabolic Biochemistry
- TExES Life Science: DNA Replication
- TExES Life Science: DNA Transcription & Translation
- TExES Life Science: Cell Cycle & Division
- TExES Life Science: Genetics & Heredity
- TExES Life Science: Genetic Mutations
- TExES Life Science: Biological Evolution
- TExES Life Science: Taxonomy & the Diversity of Life
- TExES Life Science: Plant Cells
- TExES Life Science: Plant Biology
- TExES Life Science: Animals
- TExES Life Science: Human Body Systems
- TExES Life Science: Human Reproduction & Development
- TExES Life Science: Homeostasis of Organisms
- TExES Life Science: Biology & Behavior
- TExES Life Science: Interdependence of Life & Environmental Systems
- Learning & Instruction for the Science Classroom
- TExES Life Science 7-12 Flashcards